Bush-Keller Sporting Goods opened in 1944 as a hardware and general merchandise retailer. In 1946, Charles H. Bush and Art Keller incorporated a full line of sporting goods products and services, eventually stepping in to fill the equipment and apparel needs of many local sports organizations, including area schools. A devastating fire in 2000 destroyed the original building, and Bush-Keller Sporting Goods moved into a temporary location on Pearl Street while planning and construction of the new structure took place. By 2002, Bush-Keller’s new 7,800 square foot facility was completed on the original building site, and operations were moved back to 340 Vincennes.
In 2012, Doug and Debbie Conway purchased Bush-Keller Sporting Goods. Now they own and operate the local sporting goods store where they create customizable uniforms for leagues and local schools.